Once our merchant partners begin generating pledged donations, there are a few steps required before the funds are available to grant:
- ShoppingGives invoices the merchant
- First, the merchant needs to be invoiced and successfully pay their pledged donations. Of note, some merchants get invoiced on a monthly basis and others on a quarterly basis.
- Waiting the “Return Lock Period”
- Once we successfully receive payment from the merchant, the grant is on hold for a necessary lock period - anywhere from 0-90 days - to account for potential returned or cancelled product orders, as pledged donations on those orders would be cancelled/credited back to the merchant.
- Granting pledged donations to nonprofits
- After the lock period, we grant 100% of the pledged funds to the nonprofit through their selected payment method, either PayPal Giving Fund or Stripe.