This article covers how to customize the ShoppingGives widgets available through the new sections feature on all Shopify Online Store 2.0 Themes.
Introducing Theme Sections Widget Customizations
Shopify has just introduced a new feature, sections, to all Shopify Online Store 2.0 Themes that will make Shopify Themes more customizable than ever before!
With the introduction of sections, ShoppingGives is now excited to bring to you real-time updates and customizations on all your ShoppingGives widgets!
You'll be able to add the Round-up widget and Store Donations on Purchase widget with simple drag-and-drop functionality, preview it on your page, and customize areas of our widget all on your own.
How to Get Started
- Login to your store via the Shopify platform and choose the Change Commerce - Donation App
- Navigate to Sales Channels in the bottom left panel and choose Online Stores and Themes
- Once you see Themes, choose Actions
- Then click Edit Code and choose the Customize Theme button
- Note: You must be on a Shopify O2.0 Theme to use Theme sections. Otherwise, you may need to upgrade! It's easy!
- Now you are ready to customize your widgets! See the steps below.
A Quick Glimpse at How to Customize Your Widgets
Step by Step
1. After following the above steps to get to Customize Theme, you'll find yourself in the theme editor. Toggle to "Products" or "Cart" or choose another template at the top in order to see a specific page.
2. Click on Add Block and scroll or search under "apps" to find the Round-Up, Add-On, or Store Donation on Purchase widget
- For the "Cart" template, click Add Block within the Subtotal section to add any of your Change Commerce widgets
- For the "Products" > "Default Product" template, click Add block within the Product information section to add any of your Change Commerce widgets
3. Select any of your Change Commerce widgets to further expand your customizable options! You'll be able to preview your options as you start to customize.
4. Don't forget to click "Save!"
What You'll Be Able to Customize
- Font picker
Title font color
Main text color
Link font color
Only applicable for the round-up donation widget
Not able to access Theme Sections? See our quick-start checklist below!
✔️ Ensure you are using a 2.0 Theme!
- For more info visit Shopify Online Store 2.0 Themes
✔️ Ensure your campaigns are "on!"
- Store Donation on Purchase
- To do this, select the Campaign drop-down button from the main menu > select Store Donation on Purchase > from the Campaign Settings tab, click Turn On from the Donation on Purchase Widget section > Save.
- Next, navigate to the Widget Settings tab of your Store Donation on Purchase campaign to select Theme Section for the widget placement
- Customer Round-Up
- To do this, select the Campaign drop-down button from the main menu > select Customer Round-Up > click Turn On from the Round-Up Widget section > Save.
- Next, navigate to the Widget Settings tab of your Customer Round-Up campaign to select Theme Section for the widget placement
- Customer Add-On (coming soon)
- To do this, select the Campaign drop-down button from the main menu > select Customer Add-On > click Turn On from the Customer Giving section > Save
- Next, navigate to the Widget Settings tab of your Customer Add-On campaign to select Theme Section for the widget placement
✔️ Ensure your store is set to "Active!"