As a store owner, you have control of which causes you’d like to distance your brand from by excluding specific nonprofits and/or categories of nonprofits as eligible for donations from your store.
How it works
- To exclude an individual nonprofit, open the Impact Portal.
- Navigate to Causes from the left-hand menu, and click on the Excluded Nonprofits tab.
- To begin excluding nonprofits, click on either of the Add Exclusions buttons.
- From here, you can begin excluding nonprofits by searching for the nonprofit you wish to exclude, either by name or EIN.
- Once you have found the nonprofit you wish to exclude, you can exclude it by clicking on the + button next to the nonprofit name.
- Once you begin adding exclusions, your selections will appear to the right under the Selections Queue.
- If you would like to remove an excluded cause and re-include it, you can click on the - button next to the nonprofit name.
- To remove all of your excluded causes and re-include them, you can click on the Clear Selection button.
We also give you the option to bulk exclude nonprofits by uploading a CSV file into our system. To do this:
- You’ll first want to download the CSV template to use for bulk upload on exclusion here.
- Follow the same steps as above to get to the Nonprofit Exclusion Manager and click on the Upload button.
- Upload your CSV file with your desired nonprofits to exclude.
Excluding Nonprofit Categories
As mentioned above, you also have the power to exclude entire categories of nonprofits that you may want to distance your brand from.
How it works
- To exclude an entire nonprofit category, open the Impact Portal.
- Navigate to Causes from the left-hand menu, and click on the Excluded Nonprofit Categories tab.
- From here, you will see the full list of nonprofit categories that are included within ShoppingGives’ nonprofit database.
- You can also refine your exclusion search further by clicking on the drop-down button next to each nonprofit category to view subcategories.
- This gives you the power to exclude whole nonprofit categories, or just certain subcategories, depending on your preference.
- To see which nonprofits are included within each category and subcategory, you can click on the eye icon next to each category/subcategory.
- From here, you can gain better insights into how many nonprofits are included in that category or subcategory, and you can see which specific nonprofits are included.
- Once you’ve found the categories/subcategories that you would like to exclude, click on the Exclude button next to the category/subcategory.
- Once you begin adding exclusions, your selections will appear to the right under the Exclusion List.
- If you would like to remove an excluded category/subcategory and re-include it, you can click on the Include button next to the nonprofit name.