Product-Level Cause Donations, or PLCD, is the ability to set specific causes on individual products. With PLCD, your store can create custom campaigns by supporting specific charitable initiatives on an individual product level.
Using PLCD is a great way to create custom giving campaigns, and even in the case of collaborations that you may have with other brands or influencers. If for example you have a pair of shoes that are made of recycled materials and you want the purchase of those shoes to donate to an ocean clean-up cause, using PLCD is an easy way to create that campaign.
How It Works
1) Open the Change Commerce app
2) Click on the Settings drop-down menu
- Select Manager
- From the Choose Your Giving Experience section, check the box next to Donate to causes you set and manage by product
3) Click on the Settings drop-down menu
- Select Products
- Select the product that you would like to set specific causes on
- From the Product Level Causes section within that specific products’s settings, select either Cause Portfolio or Nonprofits
- If you chose Cause Portfolio, you can pick one portfolio from the list
- If you chose Nonprofit, you can pick up to four individual nonprofits