In order to track user engagement of ShoppingGives in Google Analytics, please follow the following steps.
Note, the following steps should be taken by an individual with prior Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics experience.
1. Create a new tag in the Google Tag Manager dashboard.
2. Configure the tag as follows:
- Title: ShoppingGives - Change Commerce
- Tag Type: Select Google Analytics: Universal Analytics
- Tracking Type: Event
- Category: Shoppinggives
- Action Select Cause
- Label: Donation Widget
- Value: *leave blank*
- Non-Interaction hit: False
- Google Analytics Settings: Select your website GA correlating instance
Save the following settings.
3. Add a Trigger
- Click the + sign on the upper right to add a new trigger
- Select, "Click, All Elements" trigger type
- Select the radio option "Some Clicks"
- Set to: Click Classes, contains, "select-text sg-open-charity-select"
- Set references to this Trigger: ShoppingGives - Change Commerce
- Set title: Select Cause
4. Save the new Tag now that the Tigger as been added.
5. Confirm under "Tags" that the new tag "ShoppingGives - Change Commerce" has been added, with Firing Trigger "Select Cause" associated with it.
6. Publish your Tag.
You have now successfully set up your Google Tag Manager to track ShoppingGives onsite widget event tracking. Now that this is completed you can add a custom segments through ShoppingGives audience report to your google analytics here.
When using ShoppingGives you can track engagement with the donation widgets throughout your customer journey and measure how this affects your site conversion rate and AOV. To set up tracking for events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure your program is currently active.