This will help you understand the basics of our billing, which makes up invoices, and an overview of fees.
An invoice is made up of multiple possible line items. They are listed below:
- Donations: Created when a customer selects a nonprofit within their shopping journey. This entire amount will be given to the nonprofit organization that your customer has selected.
- Transaction Fees: This is the amount that ShoppingGives charges for licensing the technology, processing transaction information, and managing the donation process.
- Credit Card Processing Fee: This is only applicable when paying invoices by credit card. To avoid this fee, you can switch your payment preference to ACH in the settings manager.
- Credits to Account: This is only applicable if any orders from previously paid invoices are canceled or returned.
All Impact Starter partners are responsible for paying the full donation amount.
For the first 20 orders each rolling month, all transaction fees are waived. However, the retailer is still responsible for paying the donation amount on those 20 orders. All store donations are calculated pre-tax, pre-shipping, and post-discount.
- When using the Store Donation on Purchase campaign, a 0.5% (half a percent) transaction fee on orders with donations will be added after your 20 free orders are expended. If an order does not generate a donation, then no charges will be created.
- For example: If a retailer is donating 2%, an order of $100 will generate a donation of $2 and the transaction fee would be 50¢. This means that the amount owed by the retailer to ShoppingGives would be $2.50. If you donated 5% on a $100 order the donation is $5 with a transaction fee of 50¢.
- When using the Customer Round-Up campaign, the retailer is still responsible for paying the donation amount but no additional transaction fee will be applied.
- When using the Customer Add-On campaign, a 5% fee on the Add-On donation amount itself will be incurred after your 20 free orders are expended.
- For example, a $100 order with a $5 add-on donation would result in only an add-on donation fee of $0.25. There would be no Store Donation fees
- For example, a $100 order with a $5 add-on donation AND a store donation, would result in an add-on donation fee of $0.25 + a store donation fee of $0.50. The total transaction fee on this order is $0.75
Invoices are generated every 30 days or once a retailer has reached $50 in donations, whichever comes first.
You can potentially save on transaction fees by opting into a partner plan which locks in your transaction fees annually, in addition to your pledged donations on orders.
Impact Plus, Partner & Pro
Donation invoicing for partners on the Impact Plus, Partner, and Pro plans will occur quarterly after the lock period as stated in the Retailer Technology Agreement for the account on file.
When setting up ACH as your payment method, you will receive two micro-deposits to your bank account. These will only be for a couple of cents, but you will use these deposits to verify your bank account with Change Commerce. These micro-deposits will typically take between 24 to 48 hours to show up in your bank account. If you would like to activate the Change Commerce app right away, a credit card can be added in the interim of waiting for the ACH to be verified, and then the credit card can be deleted later.
With a credit card, retailers are still responsible for paying the full donation amounts and transaction fees, as well as an additional 2.9% + 30¢ credit card processing fee. Similar to paying with an ACH, if an order does not generate a donation, then no charges will occur.
Example: If a retailer has total donations of $48.50 and $2.00 in transaction fees at the time of invoicing, 2.9% would be calculated from the overall amount plus the additional 30¢. The total that the retailer would now owe is $52.26.