This article covers how to install and activate the ShoppingGives donation application, Change Commerce, into your Shopify store’s eCommerce experience.
How to Install the Change Commerce App
- Visit the Change Commerce - Donation App page within the Shopify app store.
- Select “Add App.” You will be redirected to a confirmation page.
- At the installation confirmation page select “Install App.”
This completes your basic installation. The next step is to activate the app and turn on donations!
How to Activate the Change Commerce App
Information You’ll Need
- The causes or nonprofits you would like to feature.
- Your donation strategy
- Do you want to donate a percentage of the order total, or would you rather donate a fixed, flat dollar amount on every purchase?
- Payment Method
- ACH - You’ll need the name on the account, routing number, account number, and access to the account to verify 2 micro-deposits
- Credit Card - You’ll need the card number, expiration date, and CVC number
Step by Step
1. After installation of the Change Commerce app, you will be dropped to the Dashboard page with a button to “Get Started.” You can also complete setup by selecting “Global Settings” from the “Manager” drop-down in the application navigation bar.
2. From the Change Commerce Global Settings page, select up to 6 Cause Portfolios or 6 Nonprofits to feature within your store's donation experience. Please note that if you are utilizing the Let Your Customers Choose giving experience from within your Global Settings, your customers will have the option to search and select a cause of their choice unless you choose to turn off the Cause Search.
- When supporting individual nonprofits, we recommend using the EIN from the nonprofit's website to ensure you’re supporting the correct nonprofit.
3. The last piece to set up before you can click “Activate” is to add your payment method. All payments are processed through Stripe. You have two payment options; ACH or Credit Card.
- To pay invoices by ACH, select the radial button next to “ACH transfer.”
- Choose whether you’re setting up an individual account or a business account.
- Enter the name on the account; the bank routing number; and your account number.
- After submitting your ACH information the account will require verification. To verify the account 2 small deposits will be made in the account within 48 hours.
- Log in to your bank’s online account to retrieve the micro-deposits and enter them into the fields within your Change Commerce app.
- NOTE: AFTER 10 FAILED VERIFICATION ATTEMPTS YOUR ACCOUNT WITH STRIPE IS LOCKED AND REQUIRES MANUAL VERIFICATION. Please contact email@example.com if you’re having trouble verifying your account before it is locked.
- To pay invoices by credit card, select the radial button next to “Credit Card.” A credit card processing fee will be added to invoices if you choose to use a credit card. There are no additional processing fees if you pay invoices by ACH, unless your invoice total falls below the $1 threshold, in which case you will be charged an ACH fee to bring your invoice total up to the $1 threshold needed to bill you.
- Enter your credit card number, expiration date, and CVC.
After you’ve entered a payment method you’re ready to ‘Activate!’ The next step is to go ahead and set up one of your Ways to Give campaigns to activate giving onto your storefront! To navigate to your campaign options, select the Campaign drop-down button from the main menu and click the campaign option you would like to utilize. Please note that you can choose to set up one campaign or both.
- Store Donation on Purchase
- After choosing your causes, it’s time to customize your donations. You have two main options: Donating a percentage of each purchase or donating a flat dollar amount for each purchase.
- Once you’ve set your donation value, you will need to turn on the campaign. To do this, select the Campaign drop-down button from the main menu > select Store Donation on Purchase > from the Campaign Settings tab, click Turn On from the Donation on Purchase Widget section > Save.
- Customer Round-Up
- After you have chosen your causes, you will need to turn on the Customer Round-Up campaign option. To do this, select the Campaign drop-down button from the main menu > select Customer Round-Up > click Turn On from the Round Up Widget section > Save.