To allow customers to add-on their own donation, you can follow this guide. This feature is only available on our Impact Plus or higher plans. Visit our pricing page for more information.
In order for customers to opt-in for a larger donation. The store must create a digital product with 100% giving.
Creating a digital product in Shopify:
The first step in creating customer-powered donations is to create a digital product that they can add to the cart.
1. Log into your store admin and select Products from the left menu.
2. Click “Add product” on the top right of the page.
3. Add a title, description, and image as usual. Note: your description should mention how customers can choose the cause they want to donate to if necessary.
4. If you have multiple channels be sure to only select “online store” on the left under Product availability and select any collections you would like the donation to be included in.
5. When you reach Pricing uncheck “charge tax on this product,” at Inventory uncheck “track quantity”, and when you reach Shipping uncheck “This is a physical product”. This will ensure that inventory is limitless and that the product is digital.
6. Under Variants check “this product has multiple options, like different sizes or colors.” Under Option 1 enter “Donation Value” and enter the amounts you want to include, then enter the corresponding prices to the variants.
7. Click Save
Attributing donations with your digital product: This is how your digital product becomes an additional donation.
1. Log into the Change Commerce App and go to Settings>Products
2. Search and select the digital product you just created
3. Set the donation value as “Fixed amount per product” and enter the dollar value attributed to the product.
4. Click Save
5. Repeat this process until each variant has a matching donation value.
- If you would like to match the customer donation amount, update the donation to "Percentage of Product" and make the donation 200%. For example, if the customer chooses a $10 product donations, you will match a $10 donation.
That’s it! Now your customers can donate even more.
Upon completion of Enabling Customer Add-on Donations, you can add a customer donation widget to your cart page by following these steps.