Testing the Integration
1. Prior to testing, turn off any ad blockers or tracking blockers (e.g. Ghostery) in your browser.
2. Ensure “_SGTRACKINGID” is not displaying on product pages. If you see “_SGTRACKINGID” followed by a string of characters, this means that your theme is not hiding product attributes that start with an underscore as
Shopify suggests. Please see Hide Line Item Properties from Shopify Provided documentation.
3. Running a test purchase – Expected outcome:
- Make a Test Purchase: Take note of the donation amount listed and cause supported before checkout.
Post-conversion: After a successful conversion the customer will be shown the post-conversion share modal. Use this modal to verify the correct donation amount and cause are displayed.
Data on the dashboard: The purchase should also be displayed in your dashboard. (Note: Shopify does not count today in the present date range.)
Data on reporting: You will also see a donation created on the donations report page with the order id. Check that the donation and nonprofit chosen is displayed correctly.
Note: Portfolio donations are split into individual Nonprofits and the donation amount split evenly. Orders with Portfolios selected to receive a donation will all share the same order number.
4. Check for z-index, global typeface, padding settings to ensure that the widget is displayed optimally.